Unlike commercial flights, whose rates are calculated primarily on a per passenger basis, jet charter costs are based on a very different set of criteria. If you’re planning to charter a private jet or aircraft, it’s important to know how these prices are calculated in order to ensure you, your guests and/or clients are getting a value for money service.
- Choice of aircraft – This is a significant factor in costing a charter flight as you will be hiring the entire aircraft and crew rather than booking a per passenger ticket. The type, size and exclusivity of the aircraft will determine the hourly rate the operator or owner will quote you.
- Flight distance – Charters are calculated using hourly rates so the further you fly, the higher the cost. While most aircraft are available for shorter flights, longer flights may require you to charter specific jets to ensure you arrive quickly and safely without fuel stops.
- Crew – Depending on the aircraft you hire, you may have two or more pilots, flight attendants and support crew on board and this expense is worked into the final charter cost.
- Passenger fees – Every country has a different approach to charter flights and some require passengers to pay a levy or tax for landing in the country. These fees may vary significantly depending on your destination.
- Airport landing fees – These are set individually by each airport according to the weight of the aircraft you hire and can vary significantly depending on your destination.
- Handling fees – Once on the ground, charter aircraft have to be managed through FBO services. This includes refueling, sanitation, executive travel and parking services, catering and so forth and will vary from airport to airport.
If you are considering flying out of New Jersey via charter jet, Monmouth Executive Airport offers everything business and private travellers require. For charter companies, we offer high quality, competitively priced rates, fuel and hangar space in New Jersey, we offer you and your clients an exceptional flying experience. For more information, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.