Have you decided that you’d like to learn to fly as a career? Congratulations and welcome to an exciting new chapter in your life! You’ll have some tough decisions to make, including whether you’d like to become a private charter pilot or a pilot for a large commercial airliner. Here are some of the pros and cons of each position from Monmouth Airport and flight school in New Jersey:
Pros of being a commercial airline pilot
- Flying some of the largest and most advanced commercial jets in the world.
- Exceptional international and national travel opportunities.
- Great for meeting new and interesting people, getting to know new cultures and cities.
- Once you’re in a senior position, the salary is very good.
- You can’t take your work home with you, so off-duty means pure relaxation.
Cons of being a commercial airline pilot
- In a junior position you are expected to work very hard with little time off.
- It takes a significant amount of expensive training to move into the top tiers of the industry.
- You will spend a lot of time away from home, including holidays, family birthdays and other important events.
- Dealing with airport security screening and procedures can be a hassle.
- Having to deal with busy commercial airports and crowded airspace.
Pros of being a private airline pilot
- Flying some of the newest and most advanced jets in the industry.
- Potential to fly internationally as well as nationally on bigger jets.
- Being able to fly from smaller, quieter airports outside of crowded airspace.
- Attractive salary, benefits and schedules with better job security.
Cons of being a private airline pilot
- Wider scope of responsibilities towards administering the flight, including maintenance inspections, catering and transport arrangements.
- Limited to flying certain aircraft and cannot transition to commercial airliners without training.
- Often expected to have exceptional personal flexibility and able to change schedule at a moment’s notice.
- Increased emphasis on people skills – the ability to handle a small crew, elite clients and guests with ease.
Visit our flight school at Monmouth Executive Airport in NJ for your flying lessons
When it comes to choosing from the best flight schools in New Jersey, experience is everything. Our school has over 20 years of pilot training experience in training professional and amateur pilots in a range of 10 different aircraft, as well as logging over 68 000 flight instruction and rental hours.
We have our own FAA certified A&P/IA on premises and our location outside of the crowded New York area airspace designations means that you get to enjoy scenic open skies as you learn to fly.
For more information about our flight school and flying lessons, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/.
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/commercial-private-pilot-flying-lessons/