For pilots and travelers flying private jets, there are two options available for your flight – either using a commercial airport or flying to or from a private airport like Monmouth Executive Airport. Here are some of the pros and cons of each.
Pros of landing at a large commercial airport
- City location: Generally, commercial airports are located closer to large urban areas, making access to the city easier for business and leisure travelers.
- Car rental options: Large airports have the space to house all the top car rental companies and their rental stock, giving you more options of vehicle sizes, brands and types if you are looking to hire.
- Other services: Duty-free shopping areas, service providers, a wide range of restaurants and chain retailers as well as a selection of waiting areas are all staples of large commercial airports.
Cons of landing at a large commercial airport
- Landing priority: Preference will be given to large carriers over private jets when landing at commercial airports, which often means delays or more inflexible schedules for private aircraft.
- Weather: Commercial airports often have stricter regulations around taking off and landing in inclement weather, and may implement blanket flow procedures and ground holds regardless of whether your private aircraft would be affected.
- Fees: Handling and landing fees are common at major airports and fuel charges are often more expensive as well, which will affect the cost of your flight.
- Traffic: Air traffic is understandably high at commercial airports and in peak travel times this can cause significant take-off and landing delays. Due to the amount of travelers and cargo they handle, the motorways around commercial airports also often suffer from large volumes of traffic and delays.
World-class private facilities at Monmouth Executive Airport in New Jersey
If you are considering flying out of New Jersey,Monmouth Executive Airport – just 20 minutes to Manhattan by helicopter – offers everything business and private travelers require. For private pilots, we offer high quality, competitively priced fuel rates, aircraft maintenance services and hangar space in New Jersey – available immediately. Through our world-class amenities and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience. For more information, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/private-airports-measure-commercial-experience/