One of the perks of being a pilot is flying in to some of the most interesting and scenic destinations in the world. Here are the top picks for this summer from the team at Monmouth Executive Airport in NJ.
- Key West (KEYW), Florida Keys: Nothing says “Summer” quite like Florida, so pack your swimsuit and head down to the closest destination to the Caribbean you can get without having to deal with Customs!
- Dauphin Island (4R9), Alabama: Ever wanted to land on an aircraft carrier? This is the closest most pilots get! Also known as Jeremiah Denton Airport, you’ll come in just 5 feet above sea level onto a runway boarded by water on 3 sides.
- Block Island (KBID), Rhode Island: This is a great summer destination for anyone who loves exploring the natural world, diving to shipwrecks, and relaxing on wilderness beaches. The landing is pretty dramatic too, with a scenic but short 2,502 x 100-foot runway.
- First Flight Airport (KFFA), North Carolina: For this trip, you’re flying in the footsteps of the Wright Brothers when you land and take off at this historic airport, making it a must for any pilot. The scenic monument, just steps away from the runway, is truly breath-taking.
- Grand Canyon West (1G4), Arizona: Admire the mighty Grand Canyon from the ultimate viewpoint as you come in to land on this runway. The land is owned by the Hualapai tribe of Native Americans and there is a landing fee of up to $100, but the view and the experience is well worth it!
- Mackinac Island (KMCD), Michigan: With a newly reconstructed 3,500 runway, you’re guaranteed a smooth landing on this island destination. It’s a unique holiday experience here, with no motorized vehicles allowed on the island – so be prepared to enjoy a horse carriage ride into town, hiking, cycling and enjoying the historic town.
Keep Your Aircraft In Great Shape With Hangar Space In NJ At Monmouth Airport
Finding hangar space is a challenge anywhere in the country, but our offering of competitively priced custom aircraft hangars and aircraft storage options along with our central location, makes us a real alternative to the crowded airports of Teterboro and Morristown. Through our world-class amenities, aircraft maintenance, hangars and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience.
For more information on our FBO services, aircraft hangars in NJ or custom hangar space in NJ, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/best-summer-fly-destinations-pilots-stretching-wings/
Whether you’re fresh out of school, looking for a career change, or want to learn a new and exciting hobby, flying lessons could be exactly what you need. Eagles View Flight School in New Jersey is located at Monmouth Executive Airport and we’re the perfect place to realize your potential to touch the skies.
Our flight school’s requirements for a pilot’s license are:
- That you are 17 years or older.
- That you have passed the Federal Aviation Authority’s medical examination (a screening process that rules out certain medical conditions, including heart attack risks, fainting spells and seizures).
- That you pass a vision assessment.
- That you pass an aeronautical written test.
- That you receive flight training and a logbook endorsement from our certified instructors.
- That you log ground and flight training from a certified instructor in your specific aircraft category and class rating.
- That you log at least 40 hours of flight time, including 20 hours of flight training from a certified instructor and 10 hours of solo flight training.
Why choose us for flying lessons?
When it comes to choosing from the best flight schools in New Jersey, experience is everything. Our school has more than 20 years of pilot training experience in training professional and amateur pilots in a range of 10 different aircraft, as well as logging over 68 000 flight instruction and rental hours.
We have our own FAA certified A&P/IA on site and our location, outside of the crowded New York area airspace designations, means you get to enjoy scenic open skies as you learn to fly.
For more information about our flight school and flying lessons, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ or contact us today.
This content was originally posted at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/realize-dream-fly-join-monmouth-executive-airports-flight-school-2016/
The life of a private pilot is an exciting and demanding one – and, although each person is unique, the best pilots often have specific character traits which help them succeed in this challenging career path. This is often referred to as “The Pilot Personality.”
- Confident – but calm: Pilots are well known for keeping their emotions out of the cockpit, ensuring they are able to stay calm and in control as they fly. It’s not just about hearing that reassuring tone over the intercom, it’s also about being able to properly evaluate a situation and deal with it effectively, keeping passengers and crew safe.
- Detail-orientated: Pilots are trained to take in hundreds of small details, evaluate them and implement a solution all within an environment that is constantly changing. Their job is to consider every possible negative outcome and worst-case scenario, and then ensure none of them happen.
- Optimistic: All the top pilots share a passion for flight and with this comes a real sense of optimism. While their aim is to deliver you safely and on time to your destination, they also want to share their joy of flying. There aren’t many people as enthusiastic as pilots when it comes to sharing their profession – from showing you around their aircraft and answering questions to ensuring you have an enjoyable flight.
- Physical and mental fitness: For a job that requires a lot of sitting, being a great pilot involves constant monitoring of your physical and mental health. Fitness in both areas helps pilots to function at the height of their abilities, enhancing decision-making, positive energy and flight safety.
Learn to fly at Monmouth Jet Center’s flight school
We’re home to Eagles View flight school in NJ and with over 20 years of training experience, dedicated Certified Flight Instructors and a fleet of ten aircraft, we have logged over 68 thousand flight instruction hours and trained many career and recreational pilots.
For more information about Monmouth Airport, our flight school and flying lessons, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ or contact us today.
This content was originally posted at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/four-traits-top-private-jet-pilots/