One of the perks of being a pilot is flying in to some of the most interesting and scenic destinations in the world. Here are the top picks for this summer from the team at Monmouth Executive Airport in NJ.
- Key West (KEYW), Florida Keys: Nothing says “Summer” quite like Florida, so pack your swimsuit and head down to the closest destination to the Caribbean you can get without having to deal with Customs!
- Dauphin Island (4R9), Alabama: Ever wanted to land on an aircraft carrier? This is the closest most pilots get! Also known as Jeremiah Denton Airport, you’ll come in just 5 feet above sea level onto a runway boarded by water on 3 sides.
- Block Island (KBID), Rhode Island: This is a great summer destination for anyone who loves exploring the natural world, diving to shipwrecks, and relaxing on wilderness beaches. The landing is pretty dramatic too, with a scenic but short 2,502 x 100-foot runway.
- First Flight Airport (KFFA), North Carolina: For this trip, you’re flying in the footsteps of the Wright Brothers when you land and take off at this historic airport, making it a must for any pilot. The scenic monument, just steps away from the runway, is truly breath-taking.
- Grand Canyon West (1G4), Arizona: Admire the mighty Grand Canyon from the ultimate viewpoint as you come in to land on this runway. The land is owned by the Hualapai tribe of Native Americans and there is a landing fee of up to $100, but the view and the experience is well worth it!
- Mackinac Island (KMCD), Michigan: With a newly reconstructed 3,500 runway, you’re guaranteed a smooth landing on this island destination. It’s a unique holiday experience here, with no motorized vehicles allowed on the island – so be prepared to enjoy a horse carriage ride into town, hiking, cycling and enjoying the historic town.
Keep Your Aircraft In Great Shape With Hangar Space In NJ At Monmouth Airport
Finding hangar space is a challenge anywhere in the country, but our offering of competitively priced custom aircraft hangars and aircraft storage options along with our central location, makes us a real alternative to the crowded airports of Teterboro and Morristown. Through our world-class amenities, aircraft maintenance, hangars and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience.
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/best-summer-fly-destinations-pilots-stretching-wings/