ravelling by air is one of the most exciting and enjoyable ways to discover new and interesting places – and this often means that pilots can encounter some exceptionally challenging take offs and landings on your trip! Here are the five most challenging runways in the world, from Monmouth Executive Airport.
- Saba Airport: Located on Saba Island in the Caribbean, this airport is famous for having the world’s shortest commercial runway. Just 1,300 feet long, this runway is edged by cliffs on its extreme ends, and flanked by volcanic mountainside slopes on one length and the sea on the other.
- Toncontin Airport: This Honduras airport is extreme in many ways. Not only is it located in a windy valley 3,294 feet above sea level, it’s also surrounded by steep mountains. This means that aircraft have to achieve a stomach-clenching 45-degree bank during decent in order to reach the runway properly.
- MCAS Futenma: Located in Okinawa, Japan, this airport is utilized by the Navy and Marine Corps, some of whom have named it the most dangerous air station in the world. This is because instead of being located within a clear zone of open space, it is surrounded almost up to the runway by the homes, schools, businesses and hospitals of the area, as well as over 3,000 people.
- McMurdo Station: This runway in Antarctica is long, smooth… and completely made of ice. With weather conditions that can change quickly and severely, months of below-freezing temperatures and almost no support services (you have to land using night vision goggles during dark seasons), this is one of the most challenging runways for any pilot.
- Princess Juliana International Airport: Located on the island of St. Maarten in the popular Caribbean Islands, this runway is both hair-raising and busy. Pilots have to fly in incredibly low over a strip of beach, clearing a fence and landing on the fairly short 7,150-foot strip of tarmac. Although built for smaller aircraft, A340s and 747s do land here, making for a spectacular sight.
Land in comfort at Monmouth Executive Airport in NJ
At Monmouth Executive Airport, we’ve made service our differentiator. From a wide range of world-class FBO services and aircraft maintenance services to custom airplane hangar space and more, we set ourselves apart from the hassle and crowds of our competitors. In addition to offering the largest private runway in the country at over 7,300 feet, we also offer a secondary runway at 3512’ x 53’, ideal for most private jets, helicopters and piston aircraft – so you can always land in comfort.
For more information about Monmouth Jet Center or aircraft hangars in New Jersey, please contact us or visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/5-challenging-runways-world/
For pilots and travelers flying private jets, there are two options available for your flight – either using a commercial airport or flying to or from a private airport like Monmouth Executive Airport. Here are some of the pros and cons of each.
Pros of landing at a large commercial airport
- City location: Generally, commercial airports are located closer to large urban areas, making access to the city easier for business and leisure travelers.
- Car rental options: Large airports have the space to house all the top car rental companies and their rental stock, giving you more options of vehicle sizes, brands and types if you are looking to hire.
- Other services: Duty-free shopping areas, service providers, a wide range of restaurants and chain retailers as well as a selection of waiting areas are all staples of large commercial airports.
Cons of landing at a large commercial airport
- Landing priority: Preference will be given to large carriers over private jets when landing at commercial airports, which often means delays or more inflexible schedules for private aircraft.
- Weather: Commercial airports often have stricter regulations around taking off and landing in inclement weather, and may implement blanket flow procedures and ground holds regardless of whether your private aircraft would be affected.
- Fees: Handling and landing fees are common at major airports and fuel charges are often more expensive as well, which will affect the cost of your flight.
- Traffic: Air traffic is understandably high at commercial airports and in peak travel times this can cause significant take-off and landing delays. Due to the amount of travelers and cargo they handle, the motorways around commercial airports also often suffer from large volumes of traffic and delays.
World-class private facilities at Monmouth Executive Airport in New Jersey
If you are considering flying out of New Jersey,Monmouth Executive Airport – just 20 minutes to Manhattan by helicopter – offers everything business and private travelers require. For private pilots, we offer high quality, competitively priced fuel rates, aircraft maintenance services and hangar space in New Jersey – available immediately. Through our world-class amenities and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience. For more information, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/private-airports-measure-commercial-experience/
Summer is here and it’s time to make your holiday plans a reality with luxury jet air charter services. So, what can you expect from this exclusive service?
- Space to stretch: Unlike commercial airlines, private jets offer plenty of room to relax, move around and sleep. With comfortable reclining seating and space for you, your family and friends – and even your pets – you’ll be able to arrive at your destination relaxed, recharged and ready for adventure.
- Privacy: By accommodating you and your guests exclusively, charter flights deliver unmatched privacy and comfort. This means you can talk, sleep or start your holiday experience as soon as you board without having to accommodate the requirements of commercial flight passengers and airlines.
- Customized services: Is there a specific movie you’d like to watch on your flight? Specific meals prepared a certain way? Or do you have a pet that you’d like to keep on board with you as you fly? With private air charter services, you can. Whatever your needs, staff are happy to accommodate you to make your trip more pleasurable.
- Convenience: If you have a specific time you would like to fly or you would like to arrive as close as possible to your destination, you can when you fly privately. Charter jets require smaller runways and don’t have to stick to commercial flight paths, allowing you to fly more directly to your destination at flexible flight times.
- Competitive rates: Private charter companies are looking at leisure travel as a new focus for growth – and as a result, are offering more consumer-friendly pricing models for this sector. This means you get all the benefits of luxury private travel at an even better rate.
- National and international travel made easy: While commercial travellers are forced to take often-gridlocked routes to busy airports hours before their flights to ensure they can get through the boarding process, you don’t. Private airports are smaller, quieter and offer quick and easy airport transfers as well as executive parking. You can arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your flight and drive right up to the aircraft, bypassing the traditional airport customs process. You can even undergo the security procedures, including the security scan, without leaving the car.
Private air charter services from Monmouth Executive Airport, NJ
At Monmouth Executive Airport and jet center, we’re focused on delivering an airport experience that enhances your journey. From a comfortable, well appointed waiting area with high speed Internet access, to light refreshments and limousine/taxi services to and from the airport, our staff is happy to assist you. While we are conveniently located close to the Garden State Parkway with fast transport links, we can also provide travellers with a helicopter service into New York City, just 20 minutes away.
For more information about utilizing charter jets at Monmouth Executive Airport in New Jersey, please contact us or visit our website at monmouthjetcenter.com today.
Content was originally posted on monmouthjetcenter.com.