Winter is on its way, and along with the fun of the festive season it’s also bringing sleet, snow and ice – none of which are great news for aircraft owners, pilots or charter companies! Prepping your aircraft and storing them correctly are key to making the most of this season as well as reducing repairs and maintenance.
Aircraft maintenance and storage tips from Monmouth Executive Airport
- Change your oil: Winter is the perfect time to change your oil, removing old oil that is filled with dirt and contaminants. When you do this, be sure to use a preservative oil mixture (one quart of preservative oil is recommended). After doing this, take a quick flight to make sure the engine becomes well-lubricated with the new mixture.
- Check the sparkplugs: Remove your sparkplugs and spray the fitting with a preservative oil mixture before putting them back into place.
- Fill your tanks: Even though you won’t be using your aircraft for a while, filling up your fuel tanks to capacity is a good idea. This reduces the moisture that can condense within your tank if it is only partially fuel, and minimizes cracking in flexible rubber tanks. The fuel will easily last the winter, as quality fuel is good for at least a year.
- Remove your battery: If you’re not going to be flying much this winter, now’s a good time to remove your battery as it likely won’t hold charge while in storage. Store the battery in a safe location out of the cold. You can also hook up your battery to a trickle-charger every few weeks to maintain the charge and keep the battery in good working condition.
- Critter-proofing: Mice, rats and other small animals will see your aircraft and hangar as a good place to hide out from the bad weather, and they can cause considerable mess and damage to your aircraft. No food should be left in the vicinity and all holes should be securely plugged. Pitot tube covers and vent covers are essential.
Hangar space keeps your aircraft in top condition – Available now
Finding hangar space is a challenge anywhere in the country, but our offering of competitively priced custom aircraft hangars and aircraft storage options along with our central location, makes us a real alternative to the crowded airports of Teterboro and Morristown. Through our world-class amenities, aircraft maintenance, hangars and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience.
For more information on our FBO services or custom hangar space in NJ, please visit our website today at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ .
Original content posted on http://monmouthjetcenter.com/prepare-aircraft-winter/
When you own an aircraft, there’s one question that stands out above the rest: “What is the best way to store it?” These airplanes and jets are expensive investments and keeping them in good condition means storing them safely and securely – and that means choosing a hangar over a tie-down, says Monmouth Executive Airport, NJ. Here’s why:
- Hangars keep your aircraft out of the elements: One of the most costly aspects of owning an aircraft is the constant maintenance and repairs they require to keep them safely in the air. Having your aircraft tied down means that it is exposed to a constant barrage of the elements – burning sunshine, snow, hail and rain – that causes maintenance costs to substantially increase.
- Make repairs and maintenance easier: It’s a lot easier to work on your aircraft when it’s in a hangar alongside your tools and equipment and out of the weather. You can take as long as you need to perform your repairs without worrying about tidying up your site or that storm rolling in on the horizon.
- Get a break on your insurance: Keeping an aircraft in a hangar is much the same as keeping your car in a garage and, similarly, insurance companies are happy to give you a discount for storing your aircraft in a hangar rather than outdoors.
- It’s not always the expensive option you think it is: For obvious reasons, hangars are more expensive than tie-downs – however, that isn’t the end of the story. When you calculate in your reduced insurance costs, and reduced maintenance and repair costs, the increased price is well worth it. And, while you can opt for a private hangar with your own office space, there are more affordable communal hangars and competitive leasing options available.
Hangar space at Monmouth Executive Airport – Available now
Whether you decide on buying or leasing a communal or custom private hangar, Monmouth Jet Center can assist you. With hangar space available immediately as well as competitively priced leasing and construction deals, your airplane or private jet will soon be housed safely and protected from the elements.
In addition to our aircraft storage solutions, we offer you access to affordably priced aviation fuel (including AVGas and Jet-A), high-end amenities, 24-hour operations, servicing and maintenance crews, and the longest private runway in the country at 7300 feet. Just over an hour’s drive from Manhattan and located outside of high-traffic Class B airspace, we offer you a world-class airport and flying experience.
For more information about Monmouth Jet Center in New Jersey, please contact us or visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.
This content was originally posted at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/4-reasons-hangars-better-tie-downs/
As transport hubs, both commercial and private airports are responsible for providing measures that allow airplanes, crews and clients to utilize their facilities safely within reason. While the requirements for safety and security measures differ between the two types of airport, private airports like Monmouth Executive Airport strive to ensure high levels of safety and security without compromising service and efficiency. Here’s how:
Safety features for passengers
Unlike the strict and lengthy customs and baggage screening passengers would expect at a commercial airport, private airports are not required to take these measures. Baggage, documents and persons can be scanned quickly before takeoff, making it a quick, easy and convenient process. This allows them to deliver the highest quality of service without causing any delays or requiring passengers to arrive hours before their flight.
In addition, only the highest quality FBO services are available at the airport itself. From reliable concierge services and limousine services to secure executive airport parking and transfers, you can expect only the best in service and security for yourself and your belongings.
Safety features for aircraft
These essential services are covered by the airport in order to ensure the smooth and safe operation of aircraft while on their grounds, and include:
- Regular cleaning of the runways to remove debris that can damage aircraft and be sucked into aircraft engines
- All maintenance of runways and grounds to ensure the quality of their condition
- 24-hour de-icing services
- 24-hour fuel availability
- On-field aircraft maintenance services
- 7,300 foot runway designed specifically to handle large jets and landings in inclement weather
- Security fencing to prevent vehicles from accessing runway areas
- 24-hour LED-based airport lighting and rotating beacon
- 24-hour access to Ground Power Units (GPUs)
Exceptional private facilities at Monmouth Executive Airport in New Jersey
If you are considering flying out of New Jersey,Monmouth Executive Airport – just 20 minutes to Manhattan by helicopter – offers everything business and private travellers require. For private pilots, we offer high quality, competitively priced fuel rates, aircraft mechanic and maintenance services and hangar space in New Jersey – available immediately. Through our world-class amenities and services, we offer private clients an exceptional flying experience. For more information, please visit our website at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/ today.
This content was originally posted at http://monmouthjetcenter.com/safety-first-features-private-airports/